Parents want nothing but the best for their children. As for the health of their kid’s mouth, teeth, and gums, they may even go extra. Some read all the magazines they could find and look for tips. Others are too picky when it comes to the best oral care products to use. They are careful in teaching their child the proper brushing and flossing techniques as well. Good oral hygiene and care are just one of the many ways to promote excellent oral health to children.
Tips To Keep Little Smiles Healthy
The number one tip that we can give is for parents to bring their child with us at Skinner & Ossakow D.D.S. and Associates, P.C. for pediatric dentistry care. It is essential for children to receive the necessary treatment for their oral health starting from the eruption of their first tooth or around their first birthday. The services that we offer under pediatric dentistry include:
- Professional Teeth Cleanings
- Fluoride Application
- Dental Sealants
Other than visiting our office, we also prepared some other points that every parent must remember. These tips will be of great help in maintaining the overall oral health of children.
- Brush their teeth using a fluoridated toothpaste. Parents should take note that brushing is done once a tooth or two starts to peek in. Children are susceptible to decay as soon as their teeth emerge, so it is better to clean their mouth early.
- Let them drink water more often. Water, especially those with fluoride, is an effective cavity-fighter. Every time your child feel thirsty, give them plain water instead of soda or flavored juices.
- Help them prevent baby bottle tooth decay. Prolonged exposure to milk or other liquids placed on baby bottles that contain sugar can result in tooth decay. To avoid harming their upper front teeth, do not allow the bottle to linger inside their mouths, especially when sleeping.
- Start flossing the spaces between their teeth. Flossing is not for adults alone. Kids’ teeth need to be freed from stubborn plaque and food debris that reside in hard-to-reach areas as well. There are many child-friendly flosses available in the market today. You will no longer find it hard to encourage your child to floss.
Skinner & Ossakow D.D.S. and Associates, P.C. is always ready to take action involving you and your child’s oral health. If you want your kids to experience secure and more child-friendly Pediatric Dentistry care in Centreville, VA, visit us and book your appointment at 5651 Stone Road, Centreville, VA 20120.