There are many reasons 50% of the population put dental care at the bottom of the healthcare list. Some people are downright fearful while others have suffered bad experiences in the past. Or some need extensive care and simply can’t find enough hours in the day.
It’s time to rest easy. Sedation Dentistry is here!
After an initial visit with us where all your questions and concerns will be answered, we’ll schedule your sedation appointment(s). You’ll find your treatment is performed more comfortably than you might ever have thought possible. You’ll be drowsy, and unaware of the time passing by. Our specially trained team will monitor you continually throughout the appointment. The big plus? We can accomplish extensive amounts of dentistry at one time, and you’ll have little or no memory of the experience.
For anxious patients, this new treatment is a miracle. Your dental health is important and need not be neglected because you are nervous. Sedation Dentistry is simple and safe.
Wake up to a new, beautiful smile! This invitation is open to you, your friends and family. Please call today if you have questions or are ready to begin.
If you are a patient requiring treatment who:
- Consistently avoids appointments due to fear
- Cannot get numb
- Are needle phobic
- Have a high gag reflex
- Have had traumatic dental experiences
- Have very sensitive teeth
- Simply don’t have the time
Then we invite you to consider referring them to us to complete their general dentistry while they are sedated.
As an active member of the DOCS Education, Dr. Luck has been specially trained in the safe and effective use of sedation for dentistry.
OFFERED IN OUR FAIRFAX AND CENTREVILLE LOCATION ONLY
- Sedation will provide you a way of getting your dental work done while totally relaxed and completely comfortable.
- Sedation is achieved with the use of various oral sedatives (i.e. triazolam, midazolam, lorazepam and hydroxyzine) and nitrous oxide or what is commonly called laughing gas.
- Sedation is NOT general anesthesia.
- Sedation allows you to be conscious and responsive.
- You will be very sleepy and relaxed.
- You will be able to verbalize your needs and wants.
- You will be monitored during your entire appointment with blood pressure and pulse oximetry.
- Someone will be with you at all times.
- The sedatives used are amnesiacs – you will have little or no memory of the experience.
- The sedatives used relax your nervous system so you will feel little discomfort and will probably not need any pain medication post-operatively.
- You will continue to relax the rest of the day and into the evening and responsible companion should be with you until the following day.